2014年3月31日星期一

Creating a Reading-Friendly Home for Toddlers

Imagine stacks and stacks of books, new and old. They’re piled up in every room, all over shelves, on tables and countertops, at the foot of the bed, strewn across floors and tucked under chubby little arms and under pillows. This is a common, everyday scene at our house. The mess of books all over the place never seems to bother me in the same way that Lego mess, paper and crayon mess or random toy bomb mess do.Waterborne resin 

When Trevor suggests donating some books whenever we get around to spring cleaning which never really happens in the spring, or decide that it’s time to do some purging of toys and clothes as the kids grow and their interests/skills develop, I look at him horrified. I can’t really bear to part with books, except the “ones” that were gifted to us somewhere down the road. You know the ones. The ones that bleep and bop and make weird noises and aren’t all that fantastic, from a literary perspective — which matters,pp resin even when it comes to books for toddlers.Most times it will appear as discolored bumps or spots on the skin but it can appear sondaflex a rash or discolored swelling among other things. 

Am I book snob? Perhaps. I don’t feign to be a literary giant and quite honestly,You may wish to scratch your self or pick at pimples but spreading the oil chinavisaapplication dust out of your fingers onto your skin is a nasty idea. my once voracious hunger for devouring books wavered after the kids were born. For myself. Something to do with personal time evaporating. For them? I was excited. I dreamed of growing their library and reminisced over all of my own favorite childhood books and authors and how I’d add them to my own kids’ library. I began to frequent bookstores again, not for myself, but for them. 

If there’s one thing that I overindulge in for them it’s books. Of course we go to the library and I buy lots of books second-hand and from book liquidators and wholesale warehouses. I used to work down the street from one of the most amazing discount bookstores, it was like the Winners of bookstores. Everything there was cheaper than in the fancy, delicious chains. Yes, I deem Chapters to be delicious.acrylic resin I don’t know why some of the books had weird little black marks on the back pages, and I’m sure some of them had typos or something or we’rent bonded properly, but I don’t care. It was awesome.

没有评论:

发表评论